Apply to become Zero Waste Trainer!
Apply here for our next Zero Waste Trainer online course. New deadline March 1st! Applicants will be notified of their eligibility for attendance the latest by March 4th.
What will you learn?
- The basics of how learning and memory works
- How to take into account the needs of the learners and create motivating learning environment
- How to help change learners’ misconceptions
- How to better assess learning
- How to teach zero waste topics and skills effectively
The course is based on the Zero Waste Trainer Curriculum and does not tackle zero waste topics themselvs but rather the principles how to teach these topics effectively. The focus will be on adult learners, but the princples used are universal and can be applied also to other age groups.
Who can apply?
- You are based or work in an European country
- You have good working knowledge of written and spoken English
- You work (including volunteering) in the field of waste management, zero waste, circular economy or any other sustainability field
- You have a good knowledge of zero waste principles and their practical implementation or you have participated in the Zero Waste Ambassador programme
- You have some experience in running workshops and other educational activities
How to boost yourself as a Trainer?
Successfully complete the training and apply to become a certified Zero Waste Trainer, opening doors to global recognition, career advancement, and opportunities to earn additional income through conducting zero waste workshops.
The course will comprise of:
- Optional onboarding online session – March 20th, 10am-11am CET
- Online learning sessions – March 27th, April 3rd, April 10th, April 16th 10am-1pm, May 8th-10th 10am-4pm CET
- Individual reading tasks accompany each session
Price for the training:
- ZWE members 450€
- Non-members 590€.
VAT of 22% will be added to the price if the participant pays as a private individual.
The accepted applicant commits to pay 100% of the training fee in advance no later than March 15th, 2024.
Travel, accommodation and dinners of the onsite training are not included in the price.
In collaboration with Mission Zero Academy, and Zero Waste Europe, the training will be carried out by the Let’s Do It Foundation (Teeme Ära Sihtasutus), Telliskivi tn 60a/3, 10412 Tallinn, Estonia, Reg. No 90010442, VAT No EE102469361, www.letsdoitfoundation.org, the Full Member of Zero Waste Europe
Kadri Kalle is the education programme manager at Let’s Do It Foundation. She has MSc in environmental sciences, supplemented with basics in educational psychology. She is one of the creators of Zero Waste Trainer curriculum and the authors of Zero Waste Training Handbook.
Anastasiia Martynenko is head of NGO Zero Waste Society (Ukraine), based in Ireland. She is certified Zero Waste Trainer, mentor and facilitator with a wealth of training and managing different zero waste projects for different target groups.
Grete Arro is a researcher in the School of Educational Sciences at Tallinn University. She is one of the creators of Zero Waste Trainer curriculum and the authors of Zero Waste Training Handbook. She has a PhD in educational psychology.
After the training?
Upon meeting all the requirements the participants will receive a Diploma. This will give the possibility to apply for the Zero Waste Trainer Certificate (for a separate fee). Certified Ambassadors and Trainers from all across Europe are listed on the Zero Waste Europe’s expert page. An expert certification will give you confidence in carrying out your mission. It also can advance you in your career. Qualified knowledge in implementing circular economy is increasingly sought after in all sectors and various positions.
Apply here until March 1st!